243 N Fifth Street
Columbus OH 43215
First Wednesday of each month: 10 am – 4 pm
Third Saturday of each month: 10 am – 4 pm
What’s Going on COSS Weekend?
We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary on Saturday, September 29 and Sunday, September 30, 2018! For this special weekend event we have invited BIG INK to bring their mobile, large format 48″ x 96″ printing press, dubbed “The Big Tuna”, to establish a temporary print shop outside our studio. Eleven guest artists from across Ohio and twelve cooperative members will be inking and printing large 36” x 48” woodcut relief plates daily from 10:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Opportunities to participate in drop-by, hands-on printmaking activities, enjoy a guided tour of our studio and view an exhibition of prints by guest artists and members will also be offered to adults and children. Our annual collection of letterpress cards and original artwork will be available for purchase.
Two 30-minute“Introduction to Relief Printmaking” workshop sessions for children (ages 7-12 years) will be presented at noon and 2:00 P.M. daily. Reservations are required for this workshop. Register at www.phoenixrisingprintmaking.org select Programs tab, then select Exhibitions & Events.
Food service will be available at the neighboring restaurant, The Warehouse Café, on Saturday until 3:00 P.M. The Taco-Nazo food truck will be on site Sunday from 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. and Sunday.
Schedule on Saturday, September 29 and Sunday, September 30:
- Printing of large-scale woodcuts by guest artists & cooperative members on BIG INK’s mobile press, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. daily
- Printmaking lecture & demonstration by BIG INK Director, 3:30 -4 p.m. daily
- Studio & gallery tours, 10:30 a.m.., 11:30 a.m. 12:30 p.m. 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily
- 30-minute “Introduction to Relief Printmaking” children’s workshop (ages 7-12 years, no charge but Reservations are required @ phoenixrisingprintmaking.org), 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. daily
- Drop-by, hands-on printmaking activities for adults and children, ongoing
The rain or shine event is free and open to the public.